Content Additions and Corrections
- Added hidden minigames and secret achievements with special, “undocumented” rewards.
- Scroll: Curse of the God-Enders (and another secret item) were added as special rewards.
Thanks Brian and Tonya for the ‘God-Enders’ concept! (Brian was the first winner of the hidden VIRUS CONTAINMENT MINIGAME at the LIVE Beta Party in early Feb. of ’20 and earned the right to name an item.)
- Wording clean-ups and some story-line rewrites to tie more things together throughout the overall adventure, and to tell a more compelling tale, while still having a high level of excitement and purpose throughout one’s Dark experience.
Technical, Functional, and Overall Gameplay Improvements
- Moved codebase to Beta 3 phase, and now touting this as our first official “Release Candidate” for public consumption.
- Alpha-sorted Inventory display.
- The “place” keyword (and a few others) now handled properly when using “things” (items and objects) within the game world.
- Better reporting from various other keywords (even in case of failed attempts at commands) for common words such as: “loot”.
And many more enhancements coming in this area over time.
- FINALLY fixed the [long-standing-and-painful] Apple display problems with fonts displaying badly when fixed-width characters are required to display maps and other text-drawings properly.
UX issues fixed. Gamplay on both Mac or PC now looks and operates exactly the same!
- Added “charges” (multiple uses) to Healing Gel as well as some other special items.
No “charges” in Hard Mode, though! <evil-laugh>Mwahahaha</evil-laugh>)
Virtual group-play / online-final-beta-pre-release-party is coming up!!!
In-person beta-test sessions are now all off-the-table due to COVID-19. Online sessions are a go, however, and we have big plans for group-play features in the very near future. Version 1, our first public release of Dark, is right around the corner!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.